Whether you’re preparing to sell your home or you just want to give it a new look, repainting your interior makes all the difference. A fresh paint job will make your home look like new again. Here are some of the most common questions homeowners ask us about painting.
Why should I hire a painting contractor?
Here’s why it’s best to hire a professional to paint your home.
Painting is a time-consuming task, especially if you’re inexperienced. Hiring a professional will save you time and ensure the job is completed within the timeframe you agree to.
Most homeowners don’t have the training, the experience, or the necessary equipment for a quality paint job. Professional painters have the tools and the know-how to provide the best possible results.
Bonded and Insured
If you paint your home yourself and something goes wrong, the costs are all on you. A professional painter is bonded and insured. If anything happens, they can take care of the problem with no added costs to you.
How do I select the best paint color?
There are several factors to consider when choosing a paint color:
- The color of your existing furniture, carpets, fireplace finish, etc.
- The room’s size. Dark colors tend to make a room appear smaller, while bright colors tend to make a room feel bigger.
- How much light does the room have? Bright paint colors can heighten the amount of light in a room.
- What will the room be used for? Are you painting a home office, a child’s bedroom, or a family room?
What type of paint finish should I choose?
The best paint sheen depends on how much shine you prefer, as well as how the room is used. Paint finish falls into three general categories.
Flat finish, or matte, is non-reflective. It provides a smooth look with little to no sheen. The disadvantage of matte is it can trap dirt, making it difficult to keep clean. Matte paint works best on ceilings and in low-traffic areas of the home.
Like matte paint, satin paint also has a smooth appearance. However, it reflects more light than matte paint and provides a sheen after it dries. Satin is easier to clean than matte and resists mildew and stains. Many homeowners prefer satin paints in living areas, kitchens, and bathrooms.
Gloss and semi-gloss paint finishes have a higher sheen than satin finishes. Glossy paint is typically used on trims, entry doors, or cabinets.
High-gloss finishes tend to be more durable, but are also more likely to show imperfections on your walls. Your contractor can help you select the best paint finish for your needs.
How can I prepare my home for painting?
Before your painter arrives, here’s how to get your room ready for the paint job.
- Remove anything hanging on the walls and store it in a safe place.
- Remove curtains and throw rugs that may be damaged by splashes of paint.
- Make sure there’s plenty of space for the painters to walk and set up their equipment. Move large pieces of furniture out of the way and keep the area as clear as possible.
- Give the room a deep clean before painting. This will help prevent dirt and dust from settling on the new paint.
How much will my paint job cost?
The cost of your paint job will depend on several factors, including the square footage of your rooms, the materials needed, and the condition of your walls. Satin Touch will be happy to provide you with a free estimate for your paint job.
Contact us if you have additional questions about our painting services. We will be happy to assist you.