Month: June 2015
Create Connections with the Next Generation of Renters
While print advertising remains a popular and effective way of marketing to potential renters, those hoping to reach the next generation of renters will need to make sure that their online communication skills will be able to catch their attention. With more renters using mobile devices to look for apartments, having an active online presence is a must.
Here are few suggestions to take under consideration:
o Be active and pro-active on social media sites. If you create a Facebook page for your property, don’t just post some photos. Being active on the site and engaging those that have stopped to look at your page shows that you are personable and eager to help. Be sure to monitor the site daily, so you can be ready to answer questions at a reasonable time. Approach negative comments with a professional attitude and refute the comments with factual evidence.
o Start a conversation on social media about what renters want. Do they want more amenities such as laundry rooms, workout space, or a swimming pool? A liberal pet policy? While you certainly won’t have to take all suggestions into consideration, this will give you a better idea on what renters need in a new place.
o Today, nearly everything can be done using a smart phone. In a survey done by ForRent.com, 28 percent of respondents used mobile sites or apps during their apartment search. Be ready for it and consider increasing your use of text messaging, emailing and direct messages.
o Explore different ways to stay in touch with your residents. Your social media promotions don’t come to a halt once an applicant signs a lease. While newsletters help with communicating, weekly announcements and reminders sent through email or text message, stand a much better chance of being read.
o Provide your renters and applicants with a way to pay deposits and rent online. It’s a lot more enticing to someone when you can accept and complete a deposit online immediately.
While offering a terrific property is the best way to get and keep your property leased, finding a way to reach the next generation of renters remains key to keep the renters coming back.
Challenge your Community to Connect
Living in an apartment complex could be kind of lonely. Putting multiple people in a party room with food and icebreakers and expecting valuable connections to be made just is not the name of the game anymore! So why not start up a newly discovered game of Bubble soccer with your fellow apartment dwellers?
Combine soccer with giant inflatable bubbles, and you have got yourself into the new craze of Bubble Soccer! Create a sign up sheet for teams, talk to your neighbors about it and send out emails informing people about a fun event that can turn into a well-liked activity for everyone!
Teams of any size play against each other exactly like the normal soccer game rules, except one major difference, everyone wears huge plastic Bubbles. Not only does it not matter what your athletic ability is, but you can do this almost anywhere!
Explore all the different creative ways you could set up your very own league and ‘soccer field’ at your community. As long as you have teams of equal numbers, you’ve got a game!
Sounds exciting right? It is even easy to get the equipment since there are rental companies across the states, like Bubblesoccerusa.com, making it convenient to host your own game, but not over commit your funds by owning the supplies yourself. Prices start as low as $300 for 10 Bubble Suits with an included event coordinator.
Organizing your own league or short-term tournament can spark interest in your fellow neighbors and create a fun and different summer activity that will leave you and your newfound friends with memories for years to come.
Inexpensive Housewarming Gifts for a New Apartment Tenant
Give your new tenants a warm welcome with these inexpensive presents:
Potted plants. Not only do they add nice decorative touches to a room; they also keep indoor air filtered and clean. Shoot for a small plant that is low maintenance and could be stored in multiple places, like an aloe plant or a cactus.
Food. Edible gifts only take up space until someone scarfs them down. Seek out a cool local bakery for some sweet treats.
Cleaning products Put some Windex on it! It may not sound like the most fun presents to receive, but your tenant will buy them anyway, making for a thoughtfully practical gift.
Coffee? Yes please! A bag of coffee ready for the brewer gives your tenant a nice perk that welcomes them to your property.
Laundry. Give your tenant a wash on the house with a roll of quarters, if you have a coin-operated washing machines, or a nearby Laundromat. Or a package with a few packets of detergent and/or fabric softener will help them with their first load.
Ten Reasons to Have Carpets Cleaned Year Round
As the weather warms and people head outdoors, it is important that custodial departments don’t forget about the tasks needed to be done inside. There are many reasons why carpets should not be neglected.
1. Prolongs the life of carpeting. Regular carpet cleaning using the extraction method can increase the life of carpets significantly, saving you money in the long run.
2. Protects indoor air quality. Carpets trap airborne pollutants and eventually those pollutants must be removed in order to maintain your home’s air quality and the carpet itself.
3. Makes carpets easier to maintain. Most carpet damage is made up of dry soils; when carpets are kept up with on a regular basis, most dry soils can be removed with thorough vacuuming.
4. Removes blemishes. Spots and stains can lead to further soiling of the carpet. Removing them promptly protects against worsening damage.
5. Prevents buildup of allergens and bacteria. Moist dirtying of carpets can result in an ample supply of several unhealthy contaminants.
6. Enhances the appearance of any room. Well-maintained carpets speak volumes about the overall cleanliness of a home and increase the appeal in a space.
7. Improves working environment. Workers feel better about coming into work and doing their best when it is clean. Carpets should not be overlooked.
8. Removes dust mites and bedbugs that may have found a home in carpets. The pile on of dust may take a toll on the people who work/ live in the space due to allergies.
9. Maintains the carpet’s warranty. Most carpet warranties require that carpets be cleaned using the extraction method, usually every 12 to 18 months.